Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's the Small Things

Well, I have nothing to exciting to report on right now...but I do have something to say.

I've had the best couple of weeks and I just want to tell everyone about it! I can't explain all the little details that have made my life so wonderful. I just have had so many things to be joyful and happy about and I'm SOOO grateful. I know there are people who might not be able to say those things about their life but I can. I also know that are times in my life in which I haven't felt that way about my situation. Its true you can never know the good without the bad.

The things I am most grateful for now, at this moment, are not my material things. They are my family and by that i mean all of them. The kids, my siblings, my mom, my dad, my sister-in-law, they are just people who my life just couldn't be the same without! Also my friends : some old , some new, and some who are old but new again! Honestly, I don't know how I functioned before I got to really know them! (By the way, if your are reading this, your likely one of them:) Not to sound cheesy or anything but God is good and He can make it so easy for us to see it if we are looking!

And a quick surprise for Jed, who I know reads this, I love you and thanks for working so hard for us this week! ( sorry i know that is a little online PDA but I can't help it I told you I'm feeling grateful). I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store! Much Love, Val

4 comments:

Sarah (and a few others) said...

WOW! I'm glad you're happy. Life can be good.

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

The suck level has definitely been down lately. And even when we think it is high, if you take a step back it is amazing to see how truly blessed we are. Love you, bff.

Christine said...

Hope I am one of them...there is always good in the midst of the bad.I guess the more bad makes you see the good that is always there! Love- the awesome bowler 225 last night

Rachel said...

I love this post! I am glad you are happy! ANd I am glad we are talking again!

ps that pic of your girls at the top is sooo cute!