Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Tree

About two weeks, our family recieved some sad news. My Grandma and Grandpa Hiatt's Tree that was about 130 years old fell. I was a little surprised that I was so sad to hear about this tree. I mean it was just a tree right? Then I got to thinking it really was more than that. Many, Many of my early memories of my grandparents house involve that tree and a swing. I know over the years all of the grandchildren have enjoyed it as well. So, in a sense, I did fell that I had lost something.

So here is to the tree, one my mom played in and so did I, one I had hoped my daughters would be big enough to enjoy one day, and now I will just have to share the memories I have of that tree.
This is a picture of my anut Anita, Mom(miriam), and Roger Jr. I guess this was in the 70's.


Another Pic of the tree about 25 years ago.

This how it looked on 6/29/08

2 comments:

Dani said...

awesome pics! It is so sad that the beautiful tree is gone. So many memories from that tree! raking leaves and swinging into them! :( Well, we have found a house!!! We are excited!!! I am so excited for you guys. WE will visit each other soon, i hope!! miss ya!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

You've been tagged! Check out the details on my blog.