Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sand and Water Table

This week we got a sand and water table. They are awesome!! I really like sand and water tables both as a teacher and as mother. From a strictly learning viewpoint, they are excellent. They help children learn about cause and effect in a way that is personal to each child. It uses the tactile senses which is a really important part of childhood development. As a mother, I love it because #1 we live in a condo,so I have no real yard, but this gives them options
#2 It keeps them busy and engaged so I can do things like blog or read!!

Heres a video of them enjoying the new toy!! I highly recommend you get one for your child their brain will thank you! Look how into it they are!!


3 comments:

erin said...

Very cute! I've been wanting one for Bri forever! I've been watching Craigslist and one of these days I WILL get one! I can't believe how old Claire is sounding with all that talking!!! We miss you guys!

Christina MC said...

That looks like fun, but we're gonna have to wait awhile on a big girl toy like that. My kid would eat half the sand and throw out the other half.

jewly said...

The table looks like it is a hit with the girls.