Thursday, April 3, 2008

Running (Jogging and Walking)

It has started.... yes, I Valorie Denise Fearnley Wheatley, have placed on the running shoes. Honestly, it sucks. Yesterday, I got up at 6:30 a.m. and went to run at McVay park. (Okay, let's be honest it was a combo of walk/run) Jamie Jonkman gave me the program she used to help her run a 5k. Thus, far this is what I realized about running....
1. I do not like it.
2. It makes me feel fatter.
3. Only people who are insane enjoy this type of thing.


Okay but seriously, yesterday my ears were like KILLING me... while I was running .. it felt like my eardrums wanted to burst and I'm not sure if it was the cold weather or what... Anyone who runs please let me know what that's all about.... Maybe I need to go the Dr. and have them looked at or if its just sensitivity to the cold air. I am supposed to run tomorrow and have a goal of running a 5k in May. (I'm not officially telling you which one yet)

2 comments:

Tracy & Joe said...

OMG! Val...great minds must think alike...Ok so I too put on running shoes for the first time in..., well lets just say it's been a while. Anyway I'm not signing up for any 5k or even in any program, I'm just trying to take baby steps into exercising. But I must agree, I feel fatter after running as well. I think maybe it's the fact that my butt jiggles with each step I take! who knows....as for your ears hurting...I'm not a "runner" so I can't help ya! But good luck on the 5k, I'm routing for you!!

jewly said...

I too was inspired to start working out, so I walked/ran on the treadmill on Monday and hated it, so Tuesday I used the eliptical machine, much better. Wednesday I went to stroller strides with Jamie and now I am so sore I can hardly walk. I knew I was out of shape, but it has been 4days and I am still sore. I think I will stick to the eliptical for a while until I build up stamina. Good Luck running!