Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dont you ever wonder...

Okay, this is me thinking out loud, which I think is basically the point of these things. Do you ever have moments where you go.. Seriously what was I thinking... I mean yes.. the weather was great yesterday and yes the kids did need to get out of the house, so we get in the car and we go... Shopping.. Now anyone who has ever tired to shop with two children ( or one for that matter) who both have control of their feet knows that its is pretty much insane. Call me insane! So, we go to Old Navy to exchange something I had bought but not tried on the day before, at which point Claire declares: " I wanna get out to help ew" , great.. we havent even been there 5 min. Next, Annie starts the GRUNT.... You know.. the grunt where the child acts as if the straps on the stroller are so tight they might die... Okay so I can work past all that, next we head to Rack Room, at which point Annie must get out... and Claire For Get it.. she's been out and is "helping" me push the stroller (With at this point no kids in it) so, anyways to make a long story short.. I really feel sorry for the people who work there after we left the kids isle. Annie was very concerned with how neat everything looked and had to fix it!!

So, to end this adventure,, I bought them ICE CREAM to EAT IN THE CAR!! Seriously, don't you ever wonder... Share your Don't you ever wonder moments !!!


Unrealted to this point, Thanks to G.Grandma Hiatt for Choc. Raisins. They were eaten in mere seconds!

4 comments:

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

I too have those moments when I wonder what I was thinking. Sometimes I let the kids do things that I know are going to end badly, but I let them do it anyway, hoping I'm wrong. I've done the ice cream in the car. Poor car. There will be absolutely no resale value when we're done with it. They'll have to burn it.

erin said...

Chad and Bri are coming in town for over a week. We just found out that Chad's Grandpa is dying and Chad wanted to go say goodbye...so they get in Saturday night and don't come back for over a week!!! I'm so sad to be missing my Bri...can you give her a hug for me?
I have those moments too when I wonder...hmmm...like today I stopped at a yard sale and put Brianna down...and she got into everything. And of course she found a baby doll and flipped out that we weren't taking it home. I'm sure it was only 50 cents or something, but I don't want another on in this house! So, she screamed and screamed as I walked away and people kept shaking their heads at me that I wouldn't buy her a cheap doll!

Dani said...

my moment: the other day, I left my dog cozmo in the car to go into target with Caleb. I come out, take out my bags and put them in the trunk... close the trunk... yeah, I put one very important bag in the trunk, my DIAPER BAG/PURSE! I locked myself out of the car. Thankfully, Caleb was with me, and I had my phone... but I do wonder WHAT THE HECK I WAS THINKING! :) love ya!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Oh, yeah I'm always thinking.

You know, the funny thing is that I can't remember any of the absolutely brainless things...oh, now wait, they are all coming back. Here's a favorite:

Do you know I once, when in college, locked my keys in my car (the legendary White Mazda). And it was during a southern summer monsoon, and I convinced one of the janitors that he should come out without an umbrella and try to pick my lock. After about 15 minutes I realized, much to my chagrin, that I had a spare key in my wallet. which was in my pocket. I was almost too embarrassed to tell him, but after a few more minutes I confessed. Boy, he gave me a disgusted look.
Ever since then, the driver's side door will not unlock from outside. I don't think the mazda has ever forgiven me.