Monday, April 26, 2010

A Message from the Heart

I'm writing from the heart today so I hope I make sense. I've had some experiences in the last few weeks that have made me look at my children with gratitude. Watching the heartache of people who want children and can't have any has touched my heart. Most people out here who read this know I got pregnant in high school and placed a child for adoption. If you didn't know, well I'm sure your surprised! This is not normally not something I would put out there on the world wide web, but, as time goes by I realize this is part of ME- it makes me who I am, My point in sharing this information, is that I feel I have a unique perspective on the topic of adoption. My heart has been broken, reformed, and healed. Part of the healing comes from watching couples who sit and wait for children and it makes what I went through worth it. Because I know my sweet first baby went to the right place at the right time to a family that had been waiting for years... to add to their family. Then me, a confused 18 year old, got a chance to start over in life, gain a new relationship with God, and improve myself and I ended up with This:
Who could ask for more? Hug your babies tonight and pray for those families and girls who find themselves in situations they never imagined.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

you are an amazing woman! I am proud to call you my friend even though it has been so long since we've actually talked... I love you and always will!
You are an inspiration!

Unknown said...

Val,
That made me tear up. What a sweet story you have to share! I was so proud of you then, and I am even more proud of you now as a Mama to four beautiful girls. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.
love~

Christina MC said...

You're awesome! You have a wonderful family. Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

You have received a "beautiful blog (and blogger) award!" A little cheesy, I know, but I couldn't resist! Love you!

Tracy Shearin said...

Hey there, just catching up on your blog...great post. You are so brave for what you did and what you gave to that family, they'll never be able to repay you. I agree with Boo - I was proud of you then and proud of you now! Thanks for sharing!!

erin said...

What a sweet post! And I agree with everyone else, what a brave and strong girl you were...and now an even stronger woman! Your family is beautiful! Thank you for sharing such personal things!!

Emily@emilysleftovers said...

This is making me cry! I very clearly remember that visit to la around this time and I thought then and still think that you are just completely amazing. Especially after having my own child, you see what that really means to all invovled. You really do blow me away! I am so lucky we are friends, though far away as we are. =)