Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Mother's Day Post

I've been doing some thinking lately. I think it's because I've seen so many of my friends in the last few weeks give birth (Okay I haven't actually "seen" that but you know what I mean) and become mothers, fathers, big sisters, etc.. for the first time. Its been really amazing.

Today, Clarie's preschool did the "mother's day" craft that they sent home. It included a cup that had some little stones and candy in it. Claire informed me that I could have just one of the candies. and ya know what... I didn't care not one bit. On some days it might bother me to have my kids eat my treats or fall on a slushie in a store. But today, I don't care. My children are happy, healthy, and full of heaven and thats about as good as it gets. Some people say motherhood is the hardest thing in the world but sometimes I feel like it is the most selfish thing I've ever done.

Love to all of you -Mothers, grandmothers, greatgrandmothers, and anuts.

5 comments:

Susan said...

It's so true! It's good to be reminded of what's really important.

Unknown said...

Val,
That made me tear up!! Happy Mother's Day to you, twice!

love~

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Good thoughts, Bee. There are definitely bigger things in life than slushie incidents.

Dani said...

You rock and I love you! Motherhood is AMAZAZING! Way to embrace it!

Christine said...

yea, for being a mom-Lena