Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Camping at Village Creek

Here are all the kids in our tent. I think they had a good time. I think that was the best part for my kids was getting in and out of the tent!
Annie having a nice breakfast bar. It was so cold that morning we were outta there by like 9:30!
Pallet fire. I don't know what we would have done if Lad hadn't brought the pallets. Jed and I didn't bring any wood .... Jed said there would be plenty in the woods! ( I don't think so!) so seriously we are really glad we had those or we would have frozen. Hopefully Lad's feet have recovered from him setting them on fire!
I don't know what is on her face here. I don't think it is ashes because she wasn't crying, However, we have no idea what it is!
Doesn't Claire look cozy! Everyone needs a daddy to snuggle! As far as camping trips go, I think this was alright. Next time I want to go when its just a little bit warmer and not so dark by the time you set up everything. It was fun spending time with the George's and Cat---- You were missed ! ( i saw your comment on Christine's blog:) Who wants to go next time! (in the spring!) Also, I should note that Jed has been going to this camp ground since he was like 12 or something and he always goes on a night hike. He went on it alone this year ... maybe sometime he will share this story with you.

2 comments:

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

I knew you would miss me, BFF. Sign me up for Spring!

Susan said...

Holy cow, you are so brave. I am such a wimp in the cold!!! i can't imagine camping right now - and it's only going to get colder!