Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I love you just the way you are

Yesterday I had one of the first ever moments where I really wanted time to stand still. Claire and I were sitting on the couch just talking about her school, her friends, and just other four year old stuff. It was great. and I realized she is 4 going on 5 and suddenly I'll look up and she will be saying those three little words every mother longs to hear from their teenager: I HATE YOU! So dear Father Time can you please stop time for a little while, I promise to spend extra time with my girls while they are little if you can just keep them small. Annie thinks I am her best friend. Lucy adores me. I have so much fun playing with them. Also, while your at it, I would prefer to stay 27 and wrinkle free for a little while longer.

1 comments:

Lavada said...

Cherish the moments as they occur and let the girls know how much you love spending time with them. One regret I have is that I forgot to tell my kids that I loved being their mother.